If you are looking for New York divorce attorneys, chances are you are considering going through a divorce, which can be a very unpleasant and stressful time. Here are some facts about divorces that might be interesting to you.
1. When a first marriage ends in a divorce, it usually lasts about 8 years.
2. Statistics in the United States show that if there is no offspring in a marriage that binds the married couple together, that union is going to be 5 percent more likely to end.
3. In a marriage, if only one partner smokes, the union is 75 percent more likely to end with a divorce.
4. The only president of the United States that has ever been divorced was Ronald Reagan.
5. According to a study performed by BGSU or Bowling Green State University, among couples that are 50 years of age or older, divorce rates have increased to double in the past two decades.
If you are looking for divorce lawyers in New York, maybe one of the above situations applies to you. Maybe it doesn’t. But, a NY divorce lawyer will do the best they can at smoothing over the situation and making your separation as painless as possible.
Besides being your lawyer, they are also called counselors, and that is because any lawyer, whether Long island divorce lawyers or New York divorce attorneys, they are there to listen and help with any problems you have in your legal proceedings. Divorce lawyers in Long Island are only there to help, but they can only help if you let them.