Do you wear glasses? Do you need glasses? Maybe you don’t wear them? Don’t worry, it’s never too late to start. However, even if you don’t want to, it is very important to your eyesight that you do. Sight is the strongest and most important sense to humans, and people have been developing ways to improve it for a very long time. So, whether you are just looking for info on the eye, make an Alberta optical appointment, or some sort of Alberta eyeglasses, take a look at a few of these facts.
1. Every hour your eyes have the ability to procoess more than 36 thousand pieces of information.
2. In Venice by the year 1301 there were strict guild regulations that goverened the sale of glasses.
3. The lenses in standard eye glasses are most commonly made out of plastic, which include CR 39 and polycarbonate. The plastic lessens the threat of breakage, and it also doesn’t weigh as much as lenses made of glass.
4. Glasses are still very common, and continue to see technological advances, even though there has been a distinct increase in the popularity of laser corrective surgeries as well as contact lenses.
5. The modern design of eyeglasses are that they are supported on the bridge of your nose by pads and by the arms, called temple arms, that hook onto the ears.
If you are looking into Calgary eyewear, you should really check out your local shops, or look around online, which is probably your best bet. In fact, most people search for Calgary eyewear stores to find local businesses and places for check ups to see which are closest and most convenient. And, you’ll probably be surprised how many shops that sell Alberta eyeglasses are near you!